Sunday, September 14, 2008

Help Students Achieve Their Goals

I'm back, and, yes, with new thoughts and advocacy. I'm into exploring the power of the mind to help me achieve my goals in life. I'm happy to say that it has paid quite well.

I will not be sharing with you yet my stories (I'm actually reserving that for another blogsite, but of course, I'll tell you when it's up!). But what I'll do is to share with you some of the lessons I learned from reading the works of mind masters and how these can be applied to our everyday work in the classroom.
Lesson 1
HOW TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS IN LIFE


Help your students set goals for themselves and show them the way to successfully achieving these through these five simple steps I am recommending below.

Step 1. KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANT
  • Tell them to define in more specific terms what they want to achieve this quarter. Ask them to be as specific as possible. Remind them that they can never get anywhere if they do not exactly know where they want to go.
  • Let them express their goals in the present tense and ask them to write these down in their notebook. The more specific the goal, the better.

Step 2. FOCUS ON WHAT YOU WANT

  • Advise your students to positively focus on their goals as often as possible. When they wake up, when they fall asleep, during their spare time, they should think about their goals. Tell them that the power of their mind can work real well for them if only they will allow it through positive thinking.
  • Ask them to picture in their minds that goal. The more vivid the picture, the better. Never let doubt or fear overshadow their desire for their goal. Warn them against thinking of what they don't want to happen. Thinking of the opposite will definitely work against them.

Step 3. TAKE ACTION NOW

  • Yes, tell them that positively thinking about their goal will attract it toward them, but it is by doing simple steps that will let them receive it. They have to do the necessary steps to achieve their goals in life. Thay can always do something to propel their goals into becoming.
  • It is imperative that they should take the action now, not tomorrow, but now. If everyday, they will do what they need to do toward achieving their goals, I can't see any reason why they will not achieve them. So, ask them to do it and do it now!

Step 4. CHOOSE THE SAME THING EVERYDAY

  • Remind your students to be consistent until they have achieved their goals. They cannot send constantly changing vague wishes to the universe and expect positive results.
  • Consistency is key to success. If they're undecided about what they want to order, the universe will serve first others who are more decisive as to what they want achieved.

Step 5. EXPRESS GRATITUDE

  • Gratitude, according to mind masters, is the KEY to every successful man's success. Advise your students to stop complaining, instead continuously thank the universe for whatever they receive everyday. If they will just look harder, everyday, blessings come their way, brought about by people they meet and situations they are in. This is indeed great reason to be happy and grateful.
  • Let them be sincerely thankful and joyful as they await the fulfillment of their goals.

These are indeed the five real simple steps to becoming successful in getting what one wants in life. And before even sharing it with your students, I would encourage you, my dear teachers, to try this one out yourself. See the magic this will bring to your life as it has brought to mine. Happy positive thinking!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

As a future teacher, one goal that I have set for my future career is to help my students decide on the goals that he or she wants to make for his or her life and then be of any assistance in helping my student to achieve the goal(s) that they may have set. Not to long ago, a speaker came into one of my classes and talked about diversity. He made a comment that I once made to someone that asked me to name one reason that made me want to become a teacher. This response was that being a teacher is one way that will enable me to touch hundreds and maybe even thousands of lives in some positive manner. I plan on using that given privilage to help many, but hopefully all, of my students to become a successful person in their future. As my mom always tells me… The smallest bit of advice may be of the biggest help in changing someone’s life for the better.