Monday, May 19, 2008

Field Trip: Time to Bond

Aside from providing an opportunity for students to learn outside of the classroom, field trips provide a great opportunity for teachers and students to bond.

Yes, I remember how the bus will be filled with so much gaiety with students' laughter, stories and songs. They share with the me their very own experiences, their crazy but valuable opinions on just about anything, which they seldom do when inside the classroom.

Well, I take this chance to do small talk with every student, especially those who seldom I hear talk in class. I try to spend a little more time with these kids to get to know them better. And often, I notice that after the said bonding, there's a noticeable change in these students' behaviors. They become more open about their thoughts and about their feelings. They are observed to more active and more participative in class. And what's remarkable is they appear happier in the company of their teacher and their classmates.

Indeed, spending a day for field trip has its rewards.

No comments: